Land animals are those animals who spend most of their entire life span on land like dogs, cats, elephants, horses, tigers, etc. there are known as Terrestrial animals. Here is a list of some amazing facts about land animals.
Amazing facts about land animals that will blow your mind.
- A group of giraffes is called a tower.
- Squirrels will adopt another squirrel’s baby if its parents die or are unable to take care of them. ( source: worldtruthfacts).
- Elephants are excellent swimmers. they swim submerged underwater using their truck as snorkels.
- Female koalas have two vaginas and male koalas have two penises.
- At birth, a giant panda is smaller than even mouse and weighed about four ounces.
- Elephants are the only land animals that can jump.
- The horn of the rhinoceros is made up of the hair.
- Female lions attack more than male ones. According to CBS News lionesses hunt around 90% more than lions.
- Otters hold hands while sleeping, so they don’t get floated away.
- The Koalas can sleep for up to 22 hours a day.
- The cheetah is the fastest land animal on earth. the speed of a cheetah can reach up to 120kph.
- Pig’s orgasm can last up to 30 minutes or more.
- Reindeer eyeballs turn blue in winter to help them see at lower light levels.
- Polar bears are actually black in color. they look white because of the hairs on their body.
- The only animal that a lion is afraid of is his lady lioness.
- Baby elephant sucks their trunk for comfort, the same way human babies may suck their thumb.
- Texas longhorn Cow holds the world record for longest horn span. their horns are about 10 feet and 7 inches long.
- Dogs often sneeze to let the other animal and human beings to know it is not at all risky to play with them. They are in the mood of playing.
- All polar bears are left-handed.
- Chocolate can kill dogs, as it contains theobromine, which directly affects their heart and nervous system.
- The elephant is the only animal that can’t jump.
- Koala bears normally sleep up to 22 hours a day.
- according to a 2015 study published in PLOS One horses can make 17 facial movements.
- Giraffes have black tongues.
- Snow leopards don’t roar.
- Cats can recognize their own name however they decide not to react.
- Cows can produce more milk while listening to slow music.
- Wolves can go for more than a week without eating.
- 40 real squirrels were trained to crack nuts for Charlie and the chocolate instead of using the robot.
You may also like: Amazing facts about water animals
The Qutub Minar is a 73-meter-tall tower located in Delhi, India. It is considered one of …